Faculty Of The Department Of Social Work
Currently five teachers are working in the Department, detailed below:
- Dr. Mohammed Fazil, Assistant Professor & Head of the Department of Social Work
- Mr. N.S. Ramesh Chandran, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Ashik Shaji, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Ajmal Shihab, Assistant Professor
- Miss. R. Reena, Assistant Professor, Guest Faculty, Working in the capacity of Field Work Supervisor
The Department is very alert to depute Faculty Members for attending worthy orientation programmes and for presenting papers in National/International seminars inside and outside Kerala so that they enhance social work training skills substantially.
N.S. RAMESH CHANDRAN, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR & HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK:
- Published nine research papers in various national & international journals during the last five years
- Moderated three webinars organized by KAPS (Kerala Association of Professional Social Workers), Department of Social Work, National College (EUDAIMONIA) & Department of Social Work, BCM College, Kottayam, Kerala, SAMANWAYA in 2020
- Presented four papers in national & international seminars organized by Jain Vishva Bharati Institute, Rajasthan (2014), Bharatidasan University, Tiruchirapalli (2016), Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Aluva (2018) & ASSK (Association of Schools of Social Work in Kerala) (2021)
- Life member in NAPSWI (National Association of Professional Social Workers in India), Executive member Thirurvananthapuram District Chapter, KAPS (Kerala Association of Professional Social Workers, Life member, ASSK (Association of Schools of Social Work in Kerala)
- Takes classes for MSW students under Open Distance Learning (ODL) conducted by IGNOU, in the capacity of Academic Counsellor on public holidays.
MOHAMMED FAZIL L ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- Attended 4 Faculty Development Progammes (FDP) organized by prestigious academic institutions in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnantaka & Delhi in 2020 & 2021.
- Worked as Resource person in many academic webinars.
- Organized several virtual training programmes for the empowerment of youth
- Attended many trainings for career development
ASHIK SHAJI, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- Coordinated all Kerala Programme of “Psycho Social Care for Flood Affected” under Department of women and Child Development with the technical support from NIMHANS.
- Worked as Field Supervisor for student extension Programme Globala College, Sweden.
- Attended many trainings & workshops for career development
- Worked as Resource Person for more than 25 sessions under Probation & After Care, Balajanasakhyam, Student empowerment programs of TTIs and Schools.
- Working as Probation & After care Trainer Department of Social Justice, Govt. of Kerala
- Takes classes for BSW students under Open Distance Learning (ODL) conducted by IGNOU, in the capacity of Academic Counsellor on public holidays.
AJMAL SHIHAB, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- Completed Post Graduate Certificate in Climate Change (PGCCC) from School of Interdisciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies, Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Successfully completed and passed the final assessment for the course Migration and Health: Enhancing Intercultural Competence and Diversity Sensitivity developed by the (WHO) World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe with support from the University of Exeter.
- Served as ‘Field Enumerator’ in “Thiruvananthapuram Municipal Corporation Kitchen Bin Survey”.
- Served as ‘Field Enumerator’ for World Science Project on “International Preparedness for COVID-19: A comparative study of pandemic response” in Kenya, Ghana, Brazil, India, Mexico, Argentina, U.S, China, Turkey, and one European Country, based in Louisiana state university, USA.2021-2022.
- Served as an Organizing Team Member of the 45th All India Sociological Conference on Environment, Culture and Development: discourses and Intersections.
- Successfully completed the online training program for Emergency Response Team (ERT member) conducted by Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Successfully completed the online training program for Rapid Response Team (RRT)/Ward committee members conducted by Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Successfully completed the online training program on Jagartha Samithi (addressing Crime against women and girls)conducted by Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Played one of the lead roles in the documentary, titled ‘Identification of Ornamental Plants’ produced by SIET, Kerala and directed by Chandralekha C S Documentary Filmmaker and Empanelled Producer of SIET, Government of Kerala. The documentary is produced for VHSE students as study material.
R REENA, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (GUEST)
- Worked as volunteer for all Kerala Programme of “Psycho Social Care for Flood Affected” under Department of women and Child Development with the technical support from NIMHANS.
- Worked as Field Supervisor for student extension Programme Globala College, Sweden organized by Loyola College of Social Sciences, Trivandrum.
- Participated in ‘International Seminar on Reflecting Contemporary Migration’ Conducted by Department of Social Work, Loyola College of Social Sciences & Ersta Scondal Hogscola, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Participated in International Level workshop on Forced migrants, Refugees, welfare policies and the State organized by Department of Sociology, University of Kerala.
- Participated in State Level workshop on Introduction to Abnormal Psychology, Case History and Mental Status Examination at Louise Mount Hospital, Wayanad.
- Participated in the workshop on Cognitive Behavior Therapy conducted by MSSW, Chennai, Tamil Nadu .
- Participated and presented a paper titled “Emotional Care a Significant Component in the Management of Old Age Problems” in the Old Age Care Division, National Institute of Social Defense, Sponsored by National Conference on Emerging Challenges of Elderly: Implementation of Programme and Policy Making organized by MSSW, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Book A Course, Limited Seats!
National College intrepidly marches towards excellence, fostering intellect, creativity and character in an active student-centred environment. Here students regularly get ample opportunities to steer themselves up to global standards, thanks to the workshops, seminars and interactive sessions with virtuosi of every discipline.