Student Achievements Of Department Of Biochemistry And Industrial Microbiology
Significant academic achievements of the Dept. in last five years
Year 2020; 3rd rank M.Sc. Biochemistry, Univ. of Kerala
Year 2018; 1st rank B.Sc. Biochem. & Ind. Microbiol, Univ. of Kerala
Year 2017; 3rd rank B.Sc. Biochem. & Ind. Microbiol, Univ. of Kerala
Year 2016; 2nd & 3rd rank B.Sc. Biochem. & Ind. Microbiol, Univ. of Kerala
Year 2015; 2nd rank B.Sc. Biochem. & Ind. Microbiol, Univ. of Kerala
Many of the PG students got admission for higher studies (M.Phil and Ph.D.) in top Institutions and Universities in the country.
PG students of the department qualified National level eligibility examination for Junior Research Fellowship.
The students of the department have participated in many National and International conferences, and presented papers/posters.
The scientific papers by the students & faculties in the department was published in international journals.
NON academic achievements
Significant non-academic achievements of student in the Dept.
Year 2019; Ms. B.S. Sreelekhmi (B.Sc. student) represented India (as first Malayalee) in 5th World roll-ball competition.
Significant achievers among student alumni:
- Mr. Alex presently doing Ph.D. in the Univ. of Montpellier, France was a former B.Sc. student of the department (Year 2018).
- Mr. Suvin presently doing M.Sc. molecular Medicine at Univ of Essex, UK was a former M.Sc. student of the department (Year 2016).
- Mrs Fathima Rumaisa, doing Ph.D. in kerala university, karyavattom was a former B.Sc student of the department (Year2016)
- Miss Reshma I.R presently a junior research fellow in IIT, Hyderabad was a former B.Sc student of the department (Year 2017)
- Mrs.Hafsa shyla is presently a senior research fellow in National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR) was a former B.Sc student of the department (Year 2015)
Events of the department
- A National seminar on waste and resource management by Dr. V. B Manilal principal scientist NIIST (CSIR) on 12/03/2014
- An international seminar on lifestyle disease by Dr. Surya Ramachandran senior scientist RGCB and Targeting protein prenylation in pancreatic cancer by Dr. Manu Aryan, cancer and stem cell biology programme, Duke-nus medical school, Singapore ON 18/02/2020.
- A webinar on covid-19 understanding a new disease by Dr. Maya madhavan on 10/08/2020
Book A Course, Limited Seats!
National College intrepidly marches towards excellence, fostering intellect, creativity and character in an active student-centred environment. Here students regularly get ample opportunities to steer themselves up to global standards, thanks to the workshops, seminars and interactive sessions with virtuosi of every discipline.