NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
A unit of National Service Scheme formed in our college in the year 2019. Honourable Pro Vice chancellor, University of Kerala, Dr P P Ajaya kumar inaugurated the functioning of unit in the presence most distinguishable personalities Dr S Nazeeb (Syndicate Member, University of kerala , D S Shaji (NSS programme Coordinator, University of kerala, Dr Abdul Rahim M (Former Principal, National College) and Prof (Dr) S Thajudheen (Vice Principal). Within a short span of period the Unit has undertaken so many remarkable social activities even in the pandemic situation.
Programme Officer: Mr Shabeer Ahmed N (Asst. Prof. & Head, Dept of Biotechnology)
Contact No: 9895667044, email: [email protected]
Unit Capacity: 100 Volunteers
Marching onward with social commitment – National College NSS Unit
- Medical Camp
- Campus Cleaning initiative
- Motivation session for the volunteers by Mr Brahama Nayagam (Renowned speaker & Trainer)
- Volunteers Registered with “Sannadha Sena” Organised by Govt of Kerala.
- Weekly food distribution programme in Trivandrum Medical college, “Pothichoru”
- Break The Chain programme in the campus
- Seven Days Annual camp
- A day with renowned Trainer and Speaker with Mr Mohammed Ikon
- Palliative Club
- In association with Pallium India, Volunteers extended food and medical support to the palliative care patients.
- As part of International Women’s Day, the unit honoured the women Health care personalities for their dedicated service in the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Unit regularly engaged in farming practices inorder to cultivate organic vegetables inside the campus. A large quantity of vegetables were harvested from the campus in this period of time.
- Unit has organized a blood donation camp in association with Govt Hospital, Thycaud in the campus. 30 odd people participated in the blood donation programme.
- As part of the Nutrition Fortnite Programme, of Govt India, our unit has conducted an awareness programme for the children’s of Christunilayam children home, Kovalam.
- Our volunteers visited houses nearby our campus in order to create awareness on vaccination, instructed by Ministry for Health, Govt of India.
- On World Blood Donor’s Day, our volunteers donated blood to RCC, Trivandrum.
- Plant a Tree campaign was initiated by the unit among college students on World Environmental Day. Volunteers planted trees in various locations inside the campus.
- On behalf of World Reading Day, Book review writing competition and Quiz competition was organized by the unit.
- Observance of various National and International Days such as
- Anti narcotic Day
- Excise Day
- World Population Day
- Anemia Campaign Programme etc.
Book A Course, Limited Seats!
National College intrepidly marches towards excellence, fostering intellect, creativity and character in an active student-centred environment. Here students regularly get ample opportunities to steer themselves up to global standards, thanks to the workshops, seminars and interactive sessions with virtuosi of every discipline.